Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says it would be a crime to rest Mohamed Salah and key players for Saturday s Premier League clash with fifth-placed Brighton.
Salah has started every Premier League game this season, netting 10 goals and only failing to score once in the league this term, against Burnley in August.
The second-placed Reds, who are the only remaining unbeaten team in the league, host Brighton who have been a surprise this season, prompting Klopp to insist he would not be taking any risks on team selection.
He wants that, that s true, Klopp told reporters when asked if Salah wants to play every minute. To rest players against Brighton, that would be a crime actually. Brighton is much too good.
They had a brilliant start. Yes, now the last fe…
According to a recent report from Mundo Deportivo, Martin Braithwaite’s performances at Euro 2020 have led to West Ham rekindling their interest in him.
The Barcelona forward hasn’t always been at the races during his tenure at the Nou Camp but with Denmark, he’s been able to help them edge through to the Round of 16 as their momentum continues to build heading into the knockout stage.
West Ham will be entering the Europa League once again next season and when they do so, they ll be eager to bolster their attacking options as much as possible.
They ve already got quite a few irons in the fire, pun not intended, and it ll be interesting to see what direction they go in but David Moyes is aware of the fact that he needs to add some real depth to his squad if…
Schalke have signed former Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand on a one-year deal.
The 32-year-old passed a medical on Friday and will contest for the No. 1 shirt with Lars Unnerstall and Mathias Schober after Ralf Fahrmann was ruled out for three months earlier this week with a serious knee injury.
Hildebrand, who has seven caps for Germany, was released by Sporting in the summer after failing to earn a regular spot in their starting line-up.
Hildebrand joins the 2010-11 Champions League semi-finalists on a free transfer.
The former Stuttgart man is ineligible to play in Saturday s Bundesliga encounter against Bayer Leverkusen, but the club s sporting director Horst Heldt regards the goalkeeper as an important signing.
It would have bee…
Seydou Keita is flattered by interest from Liverpool but insists he will not be moving from Barcelona until next season at the earliest.
The midfielder will spend most of January at the African Cup of Nations with Mali, making a mid-season transfer an unlikely prospect.
Liverpool is a great club, it is fantastic to hear that they are interested in me, but you know how I feel about Barcelona, Keita told Sky Sports.
However we are in football and nothing is an absolute, so let s wait until the end of the season.
I want to play more games than last season, playing regularly in a winning team is very good for the player, but the Premier League is very attractive and exciting for any player.
My contract runs until 2014, at the end of the season …
Melbourne Victory will have to get used to life without talisman Mark Milligan, who is suspended ahead of the local derby.
Victory will take on Melbourne City in round 11 of the A-League on Saturday looking to maintain their unbeaten start to the Australian domestic league, although captain Milligan will be unavailable after receiving a three-match ban on Tuesday.
Milligan was suspended by the A-League s Match Review Panel for a wayward elbow to the head of Terry Antonis during Victory s 3-3 draw with Sydney FC on Saturday.
Since the versatile midfielder joined Victory during the 2011-12 season, the Melbourne-based club have won 59 per cent of games with Milligan in the line-up, while that statistic has dropped to just 29 when he has been absent.
As Victo…
Championship promotion hopefuls Derby County are keen to take Darren Bent on loan from Aston Villa for the rest of the season, .
Having struggled at Villa under since the appointment of Paul Lambert as manager, the former England international recently spent a month on loan at Brighton and Hove Albion where he scored two goals in five appearances.
Since moving to the Midlands club in January 2011, he has made seventy-two appearances for them, scoring twenty-five goals though he spent the entire 2013/14 campaign with Fulham though was unable to prevent them from being relegated.
Managerless Crystal Palace have also been linked with a move for the former Tottenham Hotspur and Sunderland man, but with Bent having played under Derby boss Steve McClaren for Engla…
Manchester City are keen to tie Kevin De Bruyne down to a new contract according to the Telegraph.
The Belgium international still has four years remaining on his current deal but could be set to double his wages as a reward for his fine start to the season.
He is yet to score but has contributed three assists to help his side to the top of the Premier League after taking thirteen points from their opening five games.
Last week City manager Pep Guardiola named him as one of the best players he has ever worked with putting him in the bracket as Xavi, Andreas Iniesta and Lionel Messi who were all key to the Spaniard’s success at Barcelona.
The twenty-six year old is closing in on one hundred appearances for the Citizens having signed from Wolfsburg i…
Alessandro Del Piero is confident that Italy can go a long way at Euro 2016, despite Antonio Conte s men coming in for criticism ahead of the tournament.
Italy only scored 16 goals in 10 qualification matches and concerns have been raised over their creative play and the lack of a prolific striker in attack.
But the country s strong defence gives Del Piero optimism, along with the fact their 1982 and 2006 World Cup wins came after they were criticised going into the tournaments.
Remember that goals sell tickets, but defence wins you titles – we only conceded twice in 2006, Del Piero told Gazzetta dello Sport.
Marco Verratti and Claudio Marchisio are missing in midfield – two great players – but Conte s formation means everyone is involved. I hope…
Luis Campos has proved his loyalty to Lille by rejecting huge offers from other clubs, according to owner Gerard Lopez, who said his sporting director would stay at Stade Pierre-Mauroy for a long time .
With Chelsea yet to appoint a replacement for Michael Emenalo and the likes of AC Milan, Real Madrid and Roma reportedly interested in shaking up their respective hierarchies, Campos has emerged as one of European football s most wanted men.
The 54-year-old made his name as the man who masterminded Monaco s Ligue 1 title-winning side of 2016-17, and Lopez described him as the best recruiter in the world as he underlined his belief that Campos is going nowhere.
Luis has received absolutely huge offers, Lopez told Le Parisien.
I have seen the offers and I …
Palermo have been relegated to Serie C due to financial irregularities, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has confirmed.
Palermo finished third in Serie B and were set to take their place in the promotion play-offs but have been moved to the bottom of the table by a decision from the FIGC s national court.
It said the Sicilian club were sanctioned for a series of management irregularities by some former directors .
Palermo were relegated from Serie A in 2016-17 and failed to gain promotion through the play-offs after finishing fourth in their first season in the second tier.
The club, who are expected to appeal against the punishment, has seen several takeover attempts fall through this year.
Perugia will take Palermo s place in the promotio…